Layla's space

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams it is still a beautiful world.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Done and done

I have done my exam. It wasn't brilliant, but wasn't hideous either. I was slightly concerned by the fact that I didn't have a clue what the respiratory case was. I was also concerned that I couldn't understand the questions I was asked by the examiners in the 'Ethics and Communication Skills' station. Neither of them had English as a first language and both of them had very heavy accents. Now it may well have been nerves, but I couldn't understand them. I am concerned that these people, who cannot communicate effectively with me, are put there to judge how effectively I communicate with patients. I await their respective judgements with bated breath.

I have also stopped smoking. I haven't had a cigarette since Saturday 17th February at 1825. I feel I am still experiencing physical withdrawal symptoms, but I may be imagining this. How long are they supposed to last for?! I went for dinner in London yesterday and had to run through the train station to get straight on the Tube in case I found myself in the tobacco shop. I am also going out for dinner tonight with friends (two of whom smoke) - I am worried but confident, if that makes any sense. I feel like I'm nearly through the physical cravings so don't want to 're-set' everything by smoking tonight. God I really really want a fag though....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home